Saturday, February 8, 2014

Sighted on the Horizon!

Skull and Shackles

Reports have reached Port Peril of a small raft that was sailed up to a ship (the Sea's Largess) from an island, and a horde of small shark-like beasties with legs clamored aboard. A strange woman was guiding them, but as the ship's crew fought and finally repelled the beasts the sorceress escaped in a burst of magic.

Landsharks!

Keep tuned for more emerging threats that will appear throughout the campaign!

Privateer Press

So this blog is going to do double-duty, as I am painting up some Privateer Press models to be the villainous (and friendly) crews of various other ships. This is the start of a Legion of Everblight force that will be serving as a crew of blood-thirsty beast-handling aquatic raiders. I'll divide my comments and thoughts about the Privateer Press portion from the Skull and Shackles comments with headings. 

These are three Shredders from the Legion of Everblight force I'm working on. I saw some trollbloods that were done with purple bodies and red-to-orange stones in their skin, and thought: "I could do that with scales!" I've been looking for a color inspiration for my force for almost 6 months, and finally found one that I liked. It's going to be interesting to see how I can handle the skin of the Nyss and Ogrun (the elves and mountain ogres that fight on behalf of the awakened-but-not-corporeal dragon Everblight), as the purple will pose a little concern. But I think I have the idea handled. 

Next on the painting table is a heavier warbeast and two warlocks to give me some variation in the leader of the force. 

Legion of Everblight
Models Painted: 3
Points Painted: 6
Warlocks Painted: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment